What’s in Artet?
Are you new to infused beverages? Maybe you can’t help but wonder what makes an Artet and tonic taste the way it does. Our flagship aperitif is surprisingly versatile and tasty, but there’s no sorcery involved.
It’s a blend of botanicals, citrus, and THC. Our recipe is simple: cardamom, allspice, ginger, chamomile, gentian, juniper, grapefruit, and the active ingredient found in both cannabis and legal hemp. If you like to cook or make cocktails, you’re probably familiar with these ingredients. We’ll break them down for you either way:
- Cardamom is a spice made from the seeds of a few different plants. It’s minty, citrusy, fragrant, and herbaceous all at once. It’s often used alongside allspice and ginger, and adds complexity to any flavor profile it touches.
- Allspice—also known as Jamaica pepper—is Artet’s great unifier. It is warm-nosed and rich in flavors that pull herbal, botanical, citric, and bitter notes together. Call it a linchpin, or just call it Jamaica pepper.
- Ginger is probably the most popular root out there. It’s spicy and sweet all at once, and comes packed with flavors that play well with all of Artet’s botanicals. Not to mention, it improves digestion and cleanses the palate, which is a key characteristic of any good aperitif.
- Chamomile is the middle third in Artet’s chorus of botanicals. Its floral bouquet lends the beverage buoyancy, herbaceousness, and a dash of citrus. The plant also happens to be rich in Apigenin, which is known to calm anxiety.
- Gentian—also known as bitter wood—brings an engaging bite to Artet. That bite makes it sessionable and intriguing when poured on the rocks. Bitterness often gets a bad rap. In this case, it complements our sweet and floral ingredients perfectly.
- Juniper offers up flavors most often associated with good gin: pine, fruit, and pepper. These fresh, green notes comprise the botanical backbone of our flagship beverage.
- Grapefruit is sweet but irreverently tart. It gives our aperitif a welcome zing and serves as the perfect built-in garnish. Artet was inspired by Italy’s fondness for aperitivo hour, so it’s no surprise that the grapefruit oil we use comes from Italy.
- Delta-9 THC is a chemical compound found in both cannabis and hemp plants. It’s the active ingredient in both. You know it, you love it, and so do we.
Next time you sip Artet, see if you can pinpoint these flavors on your palate. We guarantee you’ll enjoy the experiment.